NRL News 2022, Luke Brooks, West Tigers, Request for Disclosure, Newcastle

West Tigers playmaker Luke Brooks has strongly denied that he requested a release from the club in the off-season.

It was widely reported that Brooks had at least twice asked Concorde to reduce his contract so that he could accept an offer from Newcastle, after the Knights let Mitchell Pierce go.

According to numerous reports, those requests were rejected and the 27-year-old remains in Concorde.

Read more: Curry’s three-word tension backfire on the frightening loss

Read more: NBA in the epic performance of Bloody Giannis

Read more: NBA legend Ben Simmons holds firm in theory

Since then, coach Michael Maguire has moved Brooks to fifth-eighth from the halfback.

He was asked directly by 9News reporter Danny Weidler if he had been asked to leave the club.

“Did you say twice about leaving the club in the off-season?” Widler asked.

“No,” Brooks replied.

Weidler asked if anyone representing Brooks had asked the club for release, to which he again replied “no”.

NRL Premiership 2022 Live and Stream Free 9 Now.

Brooks is one of the most ugly players in the NRL, yet he has failed to keep up with the significant publicity he has created around him as a teenager.

But he is now accustomed to being criticized by club outsiders, and says he does not allow himself to be influenced by negativity.

Joey is worried about the future of the Brooks Tigers

“Not really. A lot has been written about me,” he said.

“I do not think so.

“It’s something I learned early on in first grade, everyone will comment on you,” he said.

“I learned to deal with it very quickly. It’s all part of the game.”

The Tigers will play the Cowboys on Sunday for the Magic Round.

To get a daily dose of the best breaking news and exclusive content from the Wide World of Sports, subscribe to our newsletter Click here!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.